The company's Information Officer will respond to any request within 30 days of receiving the request by indicating whether such request for access has been granted or not. Please note that information and /or documents shall only be made available in accordance with the provisions of the Act. Requests for access to these records may be refused in terms of Sections 62 to 69 of the Act. Such as:
- Protecting personal information that the company holds about a third person (who is a natural or juristic person) from unreasonable disclosure;
- Protecting commercial information that the company holds about a third party (e.g. trade secrets, financial, commercial, scientific or technical information that may harm the commercial or financial interests of a third party);
- If disclosure would result in a breach of a duty of confidence owed to a third party;
- The record is privileged from production in legal proceedings unless the privilege has been waived;
- Disclosure of the record will put the Company at a disadvantage in contractual or other negotiations or prejudice it in commercial competition;
- Disclosure of the record (containing trade secrets, financial, commercial, scientific, or technical information) would harm the commercial or financial interests of the Company;
- Records containing information about research being carried out or about to be carried out on behalf of a third party or the Company.
If you request access to a record that contains information about a third party, we are obliged to attempt to contact this third party to inform them of the request and to give them an opportunity to respond by either consenting to the access or by providing reasons why the access should be denied. In the event that the third party furnishes reasons for the support or denial of access, our designated Information Officer will consider these reasons in determining whether access should be granted. You may appeal against a refusal of access by our Information Officer. Please refer to Part 4 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act for further details on the Appeal Process.
REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO RECORD OF PRIVATE BODY
(Section 53(1) of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000
(Act No. 2 of 2000)
A. PARTICULARS OF PRIVATE BODY
B. PARTICULARS OF PERSON REQUESTING ACCESS TO THE RECORD
- The particulars of the person who requests access to the record must be given below.
- The address and/or fax number in the Republic to which the information is to be sent must be given.
- Proof of the capacity in which the request is made, if applicable, must be attached.
Full names and surname:
Capacity in which request is made, when made on behalf of another person:
C. PARTICULARS OF PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF REQUEST IS MADE
This section must be completed ONLY if a request for information is made on behalf of another person.
Full names and surname:
D. PARTICULARS OF RECORD
- Provide full particulars of the record to which access is requested, including the reference number if that is known to you, to enable the record to be located.
- If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The requester must sign all the additional folios.
1. Description of record or relevant part of the record:
2. Reference number, if available:
3. Any further particulars of record:
- A request for access to a record, other than a record containing personal information about yourself, will be processed only after a request fee has been paid.
- You will be notified of the amount required to be paid as the request fee.
- The fee payable for access to a record depends on the form in which access is required and the reasonable time required to search for and prepare a record.
- If you qualify for exemption of the payment of any fee, please state the reason for exemption.
Reason for exemption from payment of fees:
F. FORM OF ACCESS TO RECORD
- If you are prevented by a disability to read, view or listen to the record in the form of access provided for in 1 to 4 hereunder, state your disability and indicate in which form the record is required.
|Disability: Form in which record is required
Mark the appropriate box with an X
a. Compliance with your request in the specified form may depend on the form in which the record is available.
b. Access in the form requested may be refused in certain circumstances. In such a case you will be informed if access will be granted in another form.
c. The fee payable for access for the record, if any, will be determined partly by the form in which access is requested.
1. If the record is in written or printed form:
|Copy of record*
||Inspection of record
2. If record consists of visual images
This includes photographs, slides, video recordings, computer-generated images, sketches, etc)
|View the images
||Copy of the images
||Transcription of the images*
3. If record consists of recorded words or information which can be reproduced in sound
|Listen to the soundtrack audio cassette
||Transcription of soundtrack* written or printed document
4. If record is held on computer or in an electronic or machine-readable form:
|Printed copy of record*
||Printed copy of information derived from the record
||Copy in computer readable form* (stiffy or compact disc)
'If you requested a copy or transcription of a record (above), do you wish the copy or transcription to be posted to you? Postage is payable.
G. PARTICULARS OF RIGHT TO BE EXERCISED OR PROTECTED
If the provided space is inadequate, please continue on a separate folio and attach it to this form. The requester must sign all the additional folios.
- Indicate which right is to be exercised or protected:
- Explain why the record requested is required for the exercise or protection of the aforementioned right:
H. NOTICE OF DECISION REGARDING REQUEST FOR ACCESS
You will be notified in writing whether your request has been approved/denied. If you wish to be informed in another manner, please specify the manner and provide the necessary particulars to enable compliance with your request.
How would you prefer to be informed of the decision regarding your request for access to the record?
Signed at...................................This...................................day of...................................22
SIGNATURE OF REQUESTER / PERSON ON WHOSE BEHALF REQUEST IS MADE